When, in this policy, we refer to “We or Us” we mean Mid Ulster Cars Limited whose registered address is at Brookmount, 18 Dungannon Road, Cookstown, Tyrone, BT80 8TL and which are registered under company numbers NI601164 and NI016622. We are responsible for ensuring that the personal data we collect is processed in accordance with relevant data protection laws.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.If we propose a significant change we will post an alert that our policy has changed on our website.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We will collect the following information:
- Contact information including your full address (including post code) and email address;
- Vehicle information such as registration number;
- Any information you provide to us as part of any enquiry you might have;
- Your bank details or credit or debit card details;
- Your contact preferences;
- Information we collect when you visit our websites including what type of device you are using and how you interact with our website;
- Information collected in call recordings and on CCTV systems in place at our sites;
- If you require finance to support any purchase, we may require information relevant to any application; and other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
WHAT PURPOSES DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
We will use the information we hold about you as follows: -
- To handle your queries and provide services
- We need to process your personal data to be able to respond to your enquiries and to provide you with the services you request. For example, if you want to arrange a test drive, we need to record your information so that we can reserve your appointment.
- For administrative purposes
- Like any business we need to keep records for our own internal administration purposes.
- To take and make payments and, if necessary, to collect payments
- If you purchase products or services from us, we will need to process your personal data to take payment. Equally, if you fail to pay us for services or products provided, we will use your personal data to help recover the debt owed.
- To enable you to access our website
- We need to collect certain information to enable you to access and use our website.
- To improve our services and manage complaints
- We want to make sure that our customers receive the best possible services from us and we continually strive to do better. To achieve this, we try to understand your experience and where necessary, to make changes to improve it.
- We hope you don’t have any reason to complain but if you do we will need to use your personal data to interact with you and resolve your complaint.
- For market research and analytical purposes
- As a business, we need to ensure that we are giving our customers the products and services they need. To do this, we need to track our sales and analyse them, so that we can make good decisions about how we develop our business going forward. We will also conduct market research from time to time.
- To protect our business against crime
- We use CCTV to monitor our showroom and sites in order to protect our staff, people visiting our showrooms and sites and to protect our buildings and property.
- To satisfy legal requirements
- Like all businesses, we need to comply with law. If the law requires us to disclose your personal data or to maintain records e.g. for health and safety purposes we will do so.
- For marketing purposes
- We may send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact details you have provided. We will only do this where we have your consent.
WHY ARE WE PERMITTED TO USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA IN THIS WAY?
Data protection law sets out a number of conditions which organisations can rely on in order to lawfully handle personal information. The conditions we rely on are as follows: -
- Where it is necessary in our legitimate interests
- Many of the purposes we process personal data for, as outlined above, involve the processing of personal data because it is necessary as part of essential activities which enable us to run our business efficiently and effectively. For example, enabling us to use third party service providers, to monitor, review and improve the services we provide to you and your experience when you visit our website and to help us ensure that we communicate with you about products and services, that you are most likely to be interested in, and in the way that you are most likely to want to communicate with us. We may, if necessary, also use your information to defend our legal rights or to obtain legal advice and to manage any complaint that you might have. We ensure that your rights and interests are protected when we do this.
- Where we have your consent
- We are permitted to use your personal data when you give us your consent for us to do so. We will only use your personal data to contact you for direct marketing purposes if you give us your consent to do so.
- Where we need it to fulfil our contractual commitments to you
- Where you transact with us to buy vehicles or parts or to book a service or MOT, we will use your personal information so that we can fulfil our part of the contract e.g. to deliver the product to you, to take payment and to manage your order.
- Where we are required by law
- We will, if required by law, disclose your personal information for example in response to a court order. We will disclose your personal information if requested by a law enforcement agency or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, non-compliance with of our Terms and conditions, or as otherwise permitted or required by law and consistent with legal requirements.
WHAT THIRD PARTIES DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
As part of offering these services we will share your personal information with third party service providers who provide services to us to help us run our business effectively for example, couriers who help us deliver the products you order, IT service providers who help us manage our IT infrastructure, and social media companies who help us interact with you better.
Toyota (GB) PLC
Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited
Suzuki GB Ltd
Where you want to obtain finance to facilitate your purchase, we will share the information you provide to us with them so that they can consider your application and, where appropriate, offer you credit. See below a list of the finance providers we work with as well as a link to their privacy policies.
- Toyota Financial Services (UK) PLC
- Volkswagen Financial Services (UK) Limited
- Blackhorse Limited
Police and law enforcement agencies
Where required by law, we will share your personal information with the police and other law enforcement agencies.
We will always limit the personal information we share to that which is necessary to enable them to perform their services. We will also always ensure that before we share your personal information, we have entered into a contract with the service provider which requires them to keep your information secure and only use it for the purposes we permit them to. We will never sell or share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of marketing without seeking prior consent. This would be separate to the consent provided as part of registration to this site.
Where in the world will we hold your information?
Your data may occasionally be processed and held by third parties outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Whereas in the EU, we implement a high standard of data protection law, some parts of the world do not implement such stringent laws. As a result, if we do send personal information overseas we will make sure that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure it is protected in accordance with European data protection law. These might include: -
- Sending personal information only to countries that European Authorities have indicated have adequate data protection laws in place e.g. Canada or Switzerland;
- Putting in place contracts with the recipient containing terms which the European Authorities have approved as providing adequate protection; organisations which are members of a scheme which has been approved by European Authorities as achieving adequate protection e.g. Privacy Shield.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
HOW LONG WILL PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We will keep your personal information for as long as we need it to provide the services and products you request from us. We may also keep it to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve complaints and to enforce our rights. As a result, the length of time that we keep your information for will vary depending on the purposes for which we have it. In any event, we will review what information we need on an ongoing basis and will only retain it for the minimum amount of time that we need it for.
You have the right to request that we don't send marketing material to you and you can do this at any time by ticking the unsubscribe option in any communication we send you, by calling us on 02886762488 or email@example.com
You can also correct or amend your personal information by calling us on 02886762488 or firstname.lastname@example.org
New data protection laws also mean that you have a number of additional rights including the right to have your personal information erased, the right to have your personal information transferred either to you or a third party in a commonly structured format and to have your personal information restricted. Please be aware that these latter rights only apply in limited circumstances and therefore even if you do wish to exercise them, we may not always be required to comply.
For further information about how these rights apply, or to exercise your rights, please contact us on email@example.com
If you have any questions about how we handle your personal information or are unhappy about how we have done so, you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to raise any complaint you may have with the ICO. You can do this by contacting them: -
- By post: 3rd Floor, 14 Cormac Place, Belfast, BT7 2JB
- By phone: 02890 278757 or
- By their website: email@example.com